1. Manuscript must be an original work of poetry written in English.
2. Manuscript must be at least 48 pages in length (not including foreword material).
3. Author’s name and contact information must not appear anywhere on manuscript.
4. Include an acknowledgments page. If your manuscript is a finalist, the acknowledgments page will be removed before it is sent to the judge.
5. Electronic submission fee is $30. No refunds will be given to any manuscripts withdrawn from the competition after April 1 deadline.
6. Former students who have studied "poetry writing" with the judge are ineligible to enter. Friends and family of the judge are also ineligible.
7. Contest winner will be announced in July on the Saturnalia Books website and via email. Please do not contact Saturnalia Books regarding your submission status before August 1.
The online deadline is April 1, 2017 at 11:59 pm. Contest opens on February 15.